Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Paul Kagame tells French where to stick their bagel.


Via Pommygranate,
in the Australian

RWANDAN President Paul Kagame says his country will cement its bitter divorce from France and the French-speaking world, which he holds responsible for the 1994 slaughter of up to one million of his countrymen, by joining the Commonwealth.
"There are many benefits for us in joining the Commonwealth - cultural, economic, political," Mr Kagame said.

He has been invited to attend the November Commonwealth summit as an observer and said: "I hope they will then approve our membership. I am looking forward to it."

Mr Kagame, a lanky former guerilla fighter with an austere manner, rarely shows emotion. But the softly-spoken 50-year-old struggles to contain his anger when discussing France in Africa.

"They are the ones who armed and trained the militias ... the evidence is everywhere," he said. "They continued to do so even after the genocide started."

Read it all

3 comments:

pommygranate said...

Johan

Is this your blog? When i click your link, i get a stream of adverts that flood my screen! I suspect this is the same problem you have. May be to do with Haloscan.

genwolf said...

PommyGranate,
yes it is my blog - there should be no adverts at all.

Don't quite know what is happenig - is it the link from HP or from somewhere else as I ma not using Haloscan.

pommygranate said...

I'll stick you on my blogroll. We small fry need to support ourselves!

Let me know if you would ever consider teaming up. I like your posts at HP and figure you come from a very similar political background to myself (reformed Leftie/Libertarian/Euston Manifesto/Nick Cohen/Norm Geras)?